PCCC may collect and store information, including personal information, about you when you visit or use any of our Services, whether you are registering with us, enrolling or signing-up for features and functions, participating in promotions, interacting with advertising, ordering or purchasing products, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions, or activities.
When you register to use any of our Services, we may ask for certain personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, instant messenger name, gender, birth date, occupation, and personal interests.
When you access any of our Services, we automatically receive and store certain types of information based on your interactions with PCCC. We collect each user’s browser type, Internet protocol (IP) address, referring URL, and requested web pages, for example. Like many websites, we also store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” In addition to being a tasty snack, a cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer tied to information about that user.
In order to avoid sending unnecessary messages and to ensure that you find our e-mails and other methods of correspondence to be informative, we may confirm that you have opened a communication from us if your computer allows for such capabilities. If you would prefer not to receive any communications from PCCC, please adjust your account preferences accordingly. Additionally, when you send e-mails or other communications to PCCC, we may retain those communications in order to respond to your inquiries and improve our Services.
PCCC generally uses the information that we collect to: a) provide users with our Services or access to our Services; b) customize the content and advertising that our users see and experience; c) improve, protect, administer, and maintain our Services; d) conduct auditing, research, and analysis; e) communicate with our users; f) provide reporting for clients and partners; and g) develop new Services.
We do not sell, rent, lease, or share information, including personal information, about you with other unaffiliated entities, except: a) in aggregate form that is not used to identify any particular individual; b) to provide Services or access to Services that you have requested; c) when we have your permission; or d) as described below:
- We disclose information to companies and individuals who work with or on behalf of PCCC. For example, we may use third parties to fulfill orders, make deliveries, send e-mail, analyze and process data, develop software, and provide marketing, promotional, and advertising services. These entities have access to the information that they need in order to perform their respective functions; however, they do not generally have any independent right to share such information.
- We provide information when we believe that it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, and potential threats to the rights, property, and safety of PCCC, our users, or others.
- We release information to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements and to ensure the security of our Services.
- We share information in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer information if PCCC, or one of our subsidiaries or business units, is acquired by or merged with another company. Additionally, we may transfer information if some or all of our assets are acquired by or merged with another company. In such cases, user information will likely be one of the transferred business assets.
- We may send you certain communications relating to our Services, such as administrative and service announcements, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out from receiving them.
In order to protect the security and confidentiality of your information, we use reasonable precautions, including the use of physical, software, and procedural safeguards. We also limit access to personal information about you to those companies and individuals who work with or on behalf of PCCC and who we believe reasonably need to interact with such information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of your information at any time.
PCCC does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13 or allow such individuals to register. If you are not yet 13 years old, please discontinue using our Services immediately and do not send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that PCCC might have any information from or about a child who is not yet 13 years old, please contact us as detailed below.
Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation
3927 Old Lee Hwy Suite 102-C
Fairfax, VA 22030-2422
Postmaster, abuse and copyright complaints may also be sent to this address.